Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Loves and Updates

I know that last week I did not post that often, due mostly to technical issues and a family visit. 
So, I am going to do an update of the things that I like, want, or find interesting.


Neon:
Walgreens has a great cheap nail polish line (Sinful Colors) that has some of the best colors. Quite a few neons but also other awesome colors. It's only $1.99 a bottle so don't except the polish to last that long. If you are like me who changes it constantly (a color barely lasts a week) this is fine.


Here is the orange:




The orange neon looks awesome. It's a good accent color. It looks good against my skin, which is more on the pale side. Whereas the yellow just made my skin look gross. If you are darker complected or tan try the yellow, if not stick more to the orange or green. Plus the orange and green cover better than the yellow.


Flannel:
Yes, back, briefly to flannel. Forever 21 was having a sale and I saw an awesome red and black checked flannel shirt for six bucks. It is summer so how am I going to wear this very warm long sleeve shirt? As a cover up! Do it. I get cold easily in air conditioned conditions. Everything is air conditioned now and I freeze. I was asked at work yesterday why I was wearing a sweater. Because it is cold! Replace the cardigan with this fun long sleeve. It's just as heavy as a cardigan but has a little more personality with it's checks and colors.


Jeans:
The jeans I blogged about the other day, the boyfriend fit by American Eagle, amazing. The most comfortable pair of jeans that I have ever worn. Yep, they stretched out a bit, but they make my ass look great, plus they don't slid off, plus they are just comfy. Total win.


Cool things I want:
After spying this type of skirt in just about every magazine last month I have been searching high and low for just such a skirt in my price range. I love the look, it's so easy and free and summery looking.


I found this one at www.romwe.com and just bought it:





The second one is from www.lulus.com and purple. I like purple. But I like the fit of the first one better. I think these long chiffon skirts are so cute. And hopefully it looks good on me. It might be a little difficult to find something to wear with it. It has to be something fitted up top, like a simple tank top.


These earrings:
These long feathered earrings are so interesting and fun-looking and if I had a pair I would only wear one, Lucy Hale-style.
This is from Edge of Urge, so pretty expensive, but Urban Outfitters has some, still more on the pricey side. Maybe I could try and make my own...


Beach Reading:
Lastly, there is a little bit of reading. I picked up Lauren Conrad's new book Style. I haven't gotten very far through it yet, but she offers a lot of helpful and accessible tips, tips for the real girl, even the U.P. girl. It's something you could read at the beach, if you want to avoid a cheesy or badly written romance or want to take a break from all the vampire fiction that's out there now. For me, it's a break from the existential theory I thought would be fun to read last year at the beach. Interesting, but not beach material.




That is it for today. As always, let me know what you think. Let me know if any of these styles would work in the U.P. I am curious on how that chiffon skirt will be taken. I will find out, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!