Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nail Polished

Today, I thought I would share my favorite shades of nail polish with you all...


Nail polish is an easy way to try a color. Especially a color you are not sure about, like the mustard color in the last picture. Sometimes I shy away from color and nail polish is like a non-risk way of trying color. If I end up liking it, I branch out and buy clothes in those colors, like the mustard yellow. Or avoid if the color looks terrible, like neon yellow does not look good against my skin tone (someone darker complected can easily pull it off) but the neon orange looks great.


Here are the highlighters. I always get a lot of compliments when I wear these colors (even the yellow, though it makes my hands look sick, why did I take a picture of this anyway?):



Sinful Colors (From Walgreens) - Cream Pink
Sinful Colors - Neon Melon
Forever 21- Neon Green
Sinful Colors - Summer Peach
Sinful Colors - Dream On



Gettin' the blues...and greens. These are my favorite colors particularly the turquoise and mint green colors.

Sinful Colors - Rise and Shine
Sally Hansen - Blue it
Forever 21 - Sage
Sally Hansen - Blue Me Away



These are the ones that I couldn't fit into a nice group and didn't want to individually take pictures. The yellow is my favorite. The white if I want to rock a sweeter, cleaner look. The sandy color for a more low key look. Purple because it is my absolute fav! And throw some black in there to round out the colors. 


Actually I only have black because my father-in-law always notices when I am wearing a darker nail polish and asks if it is black and if I am going goth. So, I finally got black nail polish to meet his expectations. Besides, black is badass. And not necessarily goth.



Sally Hansen - Quick Sand
Sinful Colors - White
Sinful Colors - Pull Over
Sally Hansen - Gray Area
Sally Hansen - Black Out
Sally Hansen - Deeply Violet


So try some colors, girls. Hopefully you don't have a job that restricts bright colors. Wouldn't that suck? I know such jobs are out there. I hope I don't end up with one. If I do, I might break the rules...Sometimes rules need to be broken, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!