Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

A State of Emergency

I haven't meant to be absent this week but time certainly can slip through fingers.
How weird is it that there is a state of emergency in the Yoop? The wildfires are...weird that it's happening here. Wildfires are out in california, not here. Yesterday we were driving across the u.p. and about a half hour from the bridge we ran into what we thought was fog. Rolled down the windows and the scent of burning hung in the air. We figured it was smoke from the fire by Tahquamenon. Hopefully the fires can be contained soon. And hopefully it rains so the burn ban can be lifted and we can roast marshmallows over a campfire instead of the gas stove.


I just got the iPhone yesterday and so this is my first post from it. It's a little slow typing...but, I can be super old school. When writing I much prefer paper and pen to a computer. There is something so much more...satisfying with pen and paper than a computer screen and now a phone screen.


This dress I picked up at Target on the clearance rack. Target has a bunch of awesome clothing right now, too, by the way. I'm usually a little leery of maxi dresses because there can be so much fabric and an unflattering empire waist. But this one is more like a column which skims curves nicely. The day was a bit cool so I added a sweater and belted it with my awesome green belt (which was also on clearance at Target).







Dress: Target
Sweater: Forever 21
Belt: Target
Shoes: Burlington Coat Factory

Hopefully you all have a good long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!