Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Lilacs are Blooming

One of my favorite flowers is the lilac, the scent as well. I'm always sad that they bloom about once a year. Sometimes there's a second round later in summer but never as much as in the spring. Not that what we have right now is spring. No rain and hot as balls. I've never really minded the heat. I can usually take it. But today I was just panting. Maybe because my mind is still in spring mode where I automatically reach for a light jacket or in this case a blazer, instead I need to find the lightest, thinnest cotton I can find and dance a rain dance. Right now, at 930 at night, it's a little better. It's cooled off to about 80.
What? What did I just say? It's cooled off to 80 degrees? What is this? End of July?


Makes me want to believe in global warming. 











Yep, the blazer. Can be thrown over just about everything. In fact, I did throw it over everything this week. Like three different times. True story. Makes anything look business professional or funeral ready.





Dress: Thrifted
Blazer: American Eagle
Shoes: Payless
Belt: Forever 21
Sunnies: Target

If this hot weather keeps up imagine how warm Lake Superior will be in August. Like bath water. I might swim in it then. Joyously.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!