Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Unexpected Pattern

So sorry I have been neglecting this blog. There just has been so much going on, with Christmas and now, instead of enjoying my break from school I have max hours at work, plus I have been trying to...well, do everything. Reading all the fun books that I can, teaching myself to sew, spending as much time with my husband and numerous other little things that need to get done. You know, gotta pay the bills and wash the laundry before blogging.


And so...I present to you a delightful blend of pattern on clashing pattern. But first, a piece of industrial rock:




This shirt I picked up at a garage sale brand new over the summer and never once wore it until now. I had such a hard time styling this shirt/dress thing. As I peered into my closet one day, I saw the shirt, then I saw a similar color in the delightfully versatile dress that I picked up from Old Navy for a few bucks. Boom, slightly weird (for the U.P.) outfit.













Shirt: Target
Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Forever 21
Socks: Forever 21
Shoes: Maurices


Yes, that is a rusted, crushed can found near my posing rock. Why am I so interested in the mixing of the modern with nature? Like the above rock, the can, why is it there? Why? There is just a juxtaposition between the surrounding woods and this piece of cement sitting in the middle of it. Maybe it is like my outfit of pattern on different pattern, a clash of the different in the unexpected. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!