Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mason Jars and Thigh-High Socks

My New Year's Eve involved a bonfire, drinking out of mason jars, visiting a bar in the middle of nowhere with patrons polluting the bar air with cigarette smoke (did the law not arrive out there yet? Or is it beyond the law?) and ending the night in Central time (the U.P. is lucky enough to have two time zones to mess with our cell phones). If our night was better planned we could have celebrated the New Year twice.




See the glass? It was a gift for my aunt. It's a Yooper wine glass, a mason jar glued to a pretty stem.


My mother-in-law gave me these over the knee socks which are very warm, but I also feel they come off very sexy. So I thought party on the bottom and business on top and I added the buttoned up top.






That was the beginning of the bonfire in the background.





Sweater: Gap
Shirt: Vintage
Dress worn as a Skirt: BB Dakota
Tights: Kohls
Socks: Hue
Shoes: Maurices

A winter storm is a brewing outside as I write this and I wonder what the New Year will bring. 
I hope your New Year's Eve was great and the New Year even better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!