Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Summer?

Ahhh, so it's been a week since I last did a post. School has been brutal. I have actually done homework all weekend. Friday night, part of Saturday, and now Sunday. But I finally got some pictures taken today...



So how crazy is this weather? Two eighty degree days in March? As they say, "only in the U.P." 
Only in the U.P. can you go to the beach in March. 
Only in the U.P. can there be white-out conditions and barely two weeks later be sweating in a tank and shorts.


I was almost panicking when I was looking for something to wear yesterday and today, because suddenly it's summer and I have to de-layer my wardrobe. I live for layers but this belt has been the answer to my outfit questions lately. You know when you buy a piece of clothing and don't quite know what to do with it at first? This belt was like that and I almost never wore it. Then the other day, in fact, the last day I wore my turtleneck for the season, see that post here, I put the belt on and bam, it looked great.



Shirt: Maurices
Skirt: Thrifted
Belt: Gift from me mum

Everyone is walking around in summer gear. Shorts and tanks and cute summer dresses and even swim suits, though no one is going swimming in frigid Lake Superior. Suddenly thrust into summer, what does it mean to dress for summer? Honestly, I see the summer dresses and I want to rebel against it. Maybe I just don't like change (I know my mom would agree). I'm sure this balmy weather will pass and spring will be back, with its cooler temps and rain. And I'll figure it out. Anyone have summer outfit ideas? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!