Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Professionally Green

Sooo...This outfit isn't the most interesting. I was struggling today...I actually had a couple amazing outfits, but they required confidence and I was out of it today. Completely tapped. Maybe it originated from a conversation with my boss about dressing appropriately, professionally (it wasn't in reference to my way of dressing, but to something else). This is something that I have always worried about with work. I want to wear something professional, but occasionally I walk that thin line, you know. I yearn more for the artistic, the inspired, the interesting outfit, something out of the ordinary than a strict professional look. And maybe a slight desire to break the rules. I want to wear what I feel like wearing at that moment. No one has said anything to me, but sometimes I wonder: should I have worn that to work?



 What I like about this outfit is the details, the green in the scarf, the leopard print shoes, the ribbon in my hair and the pendant that peeks out from the scarf, the easy, relaxed chicness of it. 






Shirt: Old Navy (maybe?)
Sweater: Target
Pants: Kohls
Scarf: Gift
Shoes: Gift
Necklace: vintage clip on earring

Quick movie recommendation before I must fly away: Jane Eyre. If you liked the book, more especially if you have read the book, a new movie came out recently on DVD, that is absolutely amazing. Brilliantly written, Michael Fassbender is an amazing Mr. Rochester and I just love it. I could watch it over and over again, and talk further about it, but you can watch the movie and determine for yourself what you think of it.
But I must go now, the wind is frightful and the lights are flickering, the beginning of a horror movie, really. I hope it stops soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!