Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Rebel, rebel

We took a trip home this weekend and lately I always feel like I'm sucked into another world. I'm from a small town and we went to a town function. Arriving and taking a look around I know and recognize just about everyone. And everyone recognized me and then I received that up and down scrutinizing look from just about every woman there. I did not fit in with my vintage, shin length checkered sorbet-colored dress among the jean-wearing, boot shod, sparkly topped women of my home town. It made me feel uncomfortable and a little out of place.


I forgot my camera so these are all quick shots taken with my husband's iphone.

This is an odd shot my husband took of my outfit earlier in the week. But for some reason I kinda like it. 


Purple solo cup...I fill you up...


Dress: Vintage
Sweater: Forever 21
Necklace: Vintage
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Dont remember...

Even if I don't quite fit in when I go home, I like that. I like my rebelliousness, I guess. I know I get odd looks up here in Mqt, but I don't know them, so I don't care as much. I did receive a great compliment from my sister's friend who said I could pull all this vintage stuff off. Thank you. You made my night. 
What do you all think? Does anyone out there ever encounter or live in the small town life?
How much do you put yourself out there in clothes that are out of the ordinary? Any weird looks? How do you handle that?

Next time I swear I will get better pictures of my outfits. Bye loves...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!