Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Lost Castle

My sisters and parents came to visit me the other day and they got to my apartment before I got off work. They were nice enough to take my dog out for a walk. Later as they were replaying to me the story of my silly puppy, Dad mentioned my dog dragging him up some old castle. Castle? I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were talking about. Did some magical drawbridge spring out at them from the side of the bike path guiding them into another world? Did fairies obscure their vision into believing campus was long lost Camelot? Down the bike path from your apartment, they kept saying. So the next day my dog and I struck out on a quest to discover this cement structure. Well, it turned out to be something I knew about just had never taken much notice of before. It's an old structure, does not look like a castle, but I guess in the dark, a tall cement structure partially hidden by trees and bushes could throw off the appearance of a crumbling tower. Not sure if it was some old building for campus or had something to do with the iron industry, but I decided to take pictures around it. And that is the story of the castle.









Skirt: Forever 21
Shirt: Aeropostale
Socks: Younkers
Tights: Dont remember...
Boots: Born
Watch: Husband's Fossil

By the way, obsessed with wearing a men's watch. I spent hours knocking a few links out so it would fit better. The watch doesn't even work right now, it needs a new battery, but I love how big and chunky it feels. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!