Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Turtlenecks, snow drifts, and a leave of absence

I just want to apologize for being absent these past two weeks. School started and its going to be a long, unfun semester. So I was trying to decide what I had to let slid, you know what I mean? What will be replaced by the never ending parade of homework? I was considering this blog. Put it on pause and post occasionally with updates mostly on facebook and twitter. But I don't want to. Yet the days are quickly passing filled with these tradeoffs. Do I catch a few more minutes of sleep or finish that assignment? Do I paint my nails or get the laundry done? It is very irritating. 

These pictures were actually taken the day before school started and it was only 20 degrees out, by the way...When I stepped over by this fence I sunk into a snow drift that drifted up above my boots. The joys of winter...







What's sad about the the past two weeks is that I had some amazing outfits, too. Last Wednesday was my birthday and I splurged on some vintage. I picked up a few necklaces, a couple dresses... and received a beautiful antique vanity from my husband. It needs a little work, but I'm excited to do it. And will hopefully get a post up about it.







Turtleneck: thrifted
Vest: Maurices
Skirt: thrifted Ann Taylor
Tights: Target
Boots: Born
Necklace: vintage clip on earring

This here is my first attempt at wearing a turtleneck in years. I mean years. Later in the day I ended up switching out the vest for a black tank, which I liked better. Those tights look red, but actually they are more of a rust color and currently my new favorite pair of tights.

Currently, I am going to try and keep posting a couple times a week. I really appreciate all you readers out there and don't give up on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!