Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Simplicity and Snowshoes on a Sunday

Today is the Sunday before school starts. And I have never been so nervous for the beginning of a new semester. I'm usually the nerd who eagerly picks up my books and sharpens my pencils, excited for that first day. Now dread weighs me down. But the more rational part of my brain knows that I have always been able to balance school and work well and, by looking at grades alone, I have always excelled at school. I just need to keep telling myself, I can get through this...So, the Sunday before school begins, I thought I would wear something nice and relaxed. And also to share a bit of a favorite pastime that comes with all the snow that hit us this past week.



Snowshoeing!



We were out at Harlow Lake. Back in the summer we were out here, that post here. In the picture below, you can see the ice fishing shanties, another favorite pastime of U.P.er's in the winter. I haven't gone ice fishing yet, but my husband promises to take me at some point. That will certainly be an interesting post...









I love the simplicity of this outfit paired with this brooch. Plus this sweater is so comfy. I love it.

Sweater: Husband's
Pants: Younkers
Boots: Don't remember
Brooch: vintage

1 comment:

  1. what lovely winter shots, that sweater is lovely, isn't it wonderful to be able to shop in your hubby's closet? That is a cool and bright winter outfit! Have a great week, wish you all the best in your work and studies

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!