Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Feeling a little Nautical?

Today I feel a little more on top of things. Yay for me. Hope everyone else out there is adjusting nicely to school, or work, or just the cooler weather. 
And here is me in a nice blue striped shirt...





Shirt: Target
Cardigan: Target
Skirt: Maurices
Belt: Forever 21
Boots: Born
Socks: Hue
Necklace: American Eagle, ages ago

Yes, there is that pencil skirt again (and the boots and the cardigan). I am loving it right now and wearing it frequently. It is easily worn high waisted, and belted. Can you not tell how much I love stuff belted? It just highlights the waist so nicely, makes shirts look like they fit better (if they don't). They easily dress up an outfit, make an outfit look more pulled together...shall I go on about the benefits of a belt? Nah, you guys get it.

I like the nautical feeling of the stripes. I had been looking for something like this for awhile. When running into a whole huge rack of the blue and white stripped summer basic, well, I ran away, because it just felt so old womanish to me. Whats different about this shirt? I don't know. Maybe because the white is slightly off white or because the stripes are on a basic scoop neck t-shirt? I don't know. Ah, the mysteries of why I do the things that I do...

Nautical stripes are great for the U.P. because there is water, literally, everywhere. Isn't it great? If you don't think so, move away for awhile and then see how you feel about wide open spaces and the scent of fresh water. You will miss it. Guaranteed. 
Really, nautical stripes don't need to be worn on a boat or by water for that matter. It's a pretty easy trend to pull off. Just keep in mind that stripes can sometimes make you look a little...wider. If you happen to run into an entire rack of blue and white stripes, you don't need to run away like I first did. Experiment, see what size stripes/fit/cut/whatever look best on you. Just, you know, avoid a sailor hat with it. Or not, that could be cute too. With bell bottoms!

Have fun, my little U.P. sailors enjoying the long weekend and the last long days of summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!