Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Shades of gray...or purple, or green, or blue

First, I have to say this. I love when inspiration hits. It's delightful.

Next, wearing all the same color. Sounds boring right? 

Recently, while looking at my wardrobe I see a repeating of certain colors, purple, turquoise, gray. Having just invested in a lavender shirt I decided to layer it over my purple summer dress. Belted it and it looked cute. I twisted a purple bead necklace around my wrist and hit the summer hot streets.

Later as the streets cooled I considered putting on pants. However, I love layering tights under my skirts and rocking my boots. Then an idea popped in my head which is borrowed from a past Instyle magazine. Wearing the same color only in varying shades. I wanted to try it, but at the time I just didn't have that head to toe outfit. Well, now I have my lavender shirt and so I pulled out my plum colored tights. Boom. Awesome.

I think this look is so fun. The key to this is not to wear the same shade. You want varying shades. 

Take the color blue. Pair navy and baby blue and a neon blue or azure or cyan or a grayish blue. There are so many shades of blue and would be easy to pull an outfit together. Or, if you are like me and are drawn to certain colors, pick out that favorite shade. Follow your eye, about what colors that go well together, and shades that work for you. Add in accessories of similar colors or if you are choking on blue or whatever color you chose, add in neutrals to balance everything out, like a leather strap watch, a belt, kickin' boots.

Now go stare at your closet and check out what colors dominate and wear it head to toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!