Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Boyfriend Fit


I love the boyfriend fit of the clothes that are out now. I know, I have mentioned this fit several times, but I love it! They are so comfy. 

For years I have always tried to find the shirts and the jeans that have the perfect tight fit. I always avoided the looser fit clothes. I thought they just weren't flattering, that they would make me look fat or something.

But now, I completely advocate that fit. 

Just to reiterate, the boyfriend fit is usually a looser, more masculine silhouette.  Don't shy away because of the word masculine. You aren't going to end up looking like a boy. And if you feel that way in clothes like that there are ways of girl-ing it up. 

So far, Target has a great selection of that boyfriend fit in t-shirts with a little pocket on the breast and cardigans that have a looser fit (the cardigans are so cute!). American Eagle has a great pair of boyfriend fit jeans that I have already raved about, as well as a blazer.

What is great about this fashion statement that it is so easy to wear on the streets of U.P. and so easy to pull off to begin with. They fit in easily with the laid back attitude of the Yoop and lazy summer days. You don't have to worry about any bulges created by those tight clothes (love handles created by those tight, low slung hip-huggers...no good) or your crack hanging out or to always have your stomach pulled in because your shirt is so tight it reveals the bagel you decided to eat for breakfast. Boyfriend fit is much more forgiving.

If you are uncomfortable with the loose fit of the shirts, they always look cute belted. A nicer looking shirt can easily be tucked into a pencil skirt and worn to work. Case in point, dropping off resumes today, that is what I wore (and I rocked it, by the way).

The blazer that I have is amazing looking. It looks like a guys as it is a little wider in the shoulders and narrows to the waist. The sleeves are shorter and rolled. Though it is a masculine fit it is sexy looking. I love layering it over lower cut tanks or girly dresses. I'm not super girly so those flowery, chiffon dresses can sometimes feel over kill for me and the blazer adds an element of sexiness.

Don't go over board with everything in this fit. Head to toe will probably loose any shape that you have, unless you are going for a hippie look (which I say, still avoid, but I'm not here to tell you what to do). I like to wear my boyfriend jeans with a fitted tank and my boyfriend shirts with some cute shorts (showing some skin is a good idea with looser fits) or my cardigan over just about anything because I adore it right now. 

P.S. the picture at the top of the blog is the cardigan I have been raving about!

Enjoy discovering this great fit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!