Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Snow Day that wasn't there...

I know I posted about this dress a few weeks ago, but hey, you can see how I mix it up.



I would prefer this look with flats or heels, but it was snowing out and my feet were cold...







I feel this is my retro-housewife look. Cardigan, pearls, pleated dress. Staples in a reto-housewife's wardrobe, Eh? Serious emphasis on retro. Housewives, stay at home moms, whatever they want to be called aren't so easily defined nowadays. Who wants to be defined anyway? How square (said with a teasing emphasis).



Me and my nerdy glasses.

Dress: Vintage
Cardigan: Maurices
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: Morning Fiesta (She's got some really great vintage jewelry and a couple skirts I'm drooling over, right now) 

Next time I'll get a better picture of the necklace; it's so pretty and is my favorite accessory to wear right now. These pictures were taken quickly during a study break. And this post is being put up during another study break. Almost spring break, I keep telling myself. And yet, today we are having a snow day. 
Weird, because so far, there is no snow out there! None! I got up this morning, looked outside, saw not a single snowflake had fallen, pouted a bit, and proceeded to get ready for the day. A little later I decided to check the weather on my computer, curious over this missing snow...and low and behold there's a snow day! Apparently, it's coming and it's supposed to be quick and heavy. 
So, now I'm sitting here trying to crank out as much homework as I can before work (too bad there isn't snow days for work) and waiting for the snow to decide to fall.

Over spring break I will try and get more posts up. I've been thrift shopping and have some really great finds that have not found their way up here on this blog yet.

Tootles for now, lovelies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!