Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Flannel, Cash it at the Bank

That is right, I got to wear flannel to work and no I am not a lumberjack. If you follow, I work at a bank and must dress up nice. Well, as the temperature has severely dropped up here in the great north, I have been freezing at work. Shivering, actually. I wanted to be warm and what's more warm than a flannel shirt? However, a flannel shirt isn't usually office wear. Then as I was browsing Pinterest (I told you I could get addicted. It's a great place for inspiration) I saw a picture of a pretty sweater with a nice blue button-up peaking out from under it. Well, I don't have a pretty blue button-up but I do have a flannel!



The sun was in my eyes, I swear.




Pretty sweet frog painted on the bridge.



Cardigan: Target
Flannel: Forever 21
Belt: Kohls
Tights: Kohls
Shoes: Payless
Necklaces: Gift via my sister
Necklace worn as bracelet: Claires, years ago

Did I do a good job dressing up flannel or is it something better left for my grandpa to wear? I would love your input.

The bridge I am strolling along is the old bridge over the Dead River, probably just a half mile down the road from my apartment. Right above and to the left of this bridge is the newer one and by far the more boring of the two (you can see it in the background on the last picture). Don't you wish we still drove over bridges like this?

I do have a little something to admit to you all... I wasn't actually strolling around like this, all cute in a cardigan and heels; these pictures are a bit staged. What! I know, it's the U.P. and the weather here is a bit more harsh than other places. Since this is a blog originating out of the Yoop, I have to show you a little bit of what the weather is like.
Here is what I actually looked like:


Yes, it was that cold. And if I hadn't been out there specifically for pictures the skirt would be gone replaced by some under armor. Under armor, my savior.





1 comment:

  1. Your flannel shirt looks great. And wonderfully warm for fall weather. Just act like it's tartan silk and everyone else will just go with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated!