Don't worry, there won't be flannel, or rather, there won't be much flannel.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Let's go a hay-ridin' and a bar-crawlin' through the corn field

What does one wear to a hay-ride, bar crawl? 
This past weekend we hit up just this event in Stephenson and it was so much fun. Due to work my husband and I missed the beginning, which started at noon (we didn't get done until 8:30 at night). We also missed the pumpkin catapult ( sad, right? Maybe next year.), but we still got in a lot of hay-riding and bar crawling. 

Back to the question, what to wear at a hay-ride, bar crawl. Jeans and boots was what I thought immediately. As our October has been cold and rainy, my next thought was layers. From the pictures it looks like I'm not wearing many, but under armor is my go to keep-warm layer. And thick socks.

The day turned out to be beautiful and my layers weren't needed. It was the perfect fall day and it was so much fun. The event was actually a fundraiser. At the end was the American Legion where we got a good dinner.  



The tracker that pulled our trailer.




Shirt: Forever 21
Turtleneck: Thrifted
Jeans: Levi's
Boots: Born shoes

Here is some shots from around Stephenson.




Yes, a horse in a bar. There were two girls on horses and they just rode up into the bar, did a circle through and walked out. 



The U.P. is God's country. Though, I have no idea where this beer is brewed.


 And our choice of beer for the day.



Isn't this a gorgeous house? I think this was in Dagget. There were some gorgeous houses out in that area. Grand, stately affairs which I thought was surprising in farm country. 

All in all it was a great day. Probably one of the best Fall days so far this year. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated!